Published July 15, 2012
Dressing up presents this Holiday season can be something for the whole family to be involved in.
Kids love to help wrap gifts and what better way than to make homemade gift tags that the kids can assemble themselves.
These pet tags are made from craft paper and take only minutes to make. Be sure to save any left over ribbon pieces for the collars.
- Craft paper (available in bulk packages at craft supply stores)
- Craft glue
- Wobbly google eyes
- Felt pens
- Brown wrapping Paper (available at Postal Outlets)
Many animal faces can be found on the Internet or in kid’s craft books. Before you get started, choose the animal designs you like and practice drawing them a few times before attempting to sketch the final drawing on your craft paper.
Check out websites such as www.free-graphics.com for a great selection of animal clip-arts. The simpler designs work best for this type of craft.
- Once you have chosen your design, simply sketch the design on the craft paper and cut out with your scissors. Choose contrasting colours to build the pet’s body and match the craft paper to the pet tag.
- Glue the parts of the body together and add the google eyes to the head.
- To finish off, glue on a coordinating ribbon as the collar. Write the recipient’s name on the tag.
- Attach the pet tag to the present with a small piece of string or ribbon.
The kids love to make these tags for family members and friends. They also make great Birthday party invitations.
*Did you know?
A great gift-wrapping tip! Coloured bags are available at Dollar stores and other retail outlets. Use these bags for small, multiple items or items that don’t come with a box. Dress them up with ribbons and other small decorations.