Published November 11, 2012
When it comes time to decorate the tree I always find my favorite ornaments are the ones that are made with family and friends.
Miniature rusted wheelbarrows stuffed with roses look especially beautiful suspended from a tree branch. If you can’t find the wheelbarrows any miniature container will do.
- Rusty wheelbarrow or other small container (available at craft stores)
- Miniature rosebuds (available at Michael’s. check the bridal section)
- Glue and Glue Gun
- Dry floral foam (available at Michaels)
- Wire cutters
- Wire ornament hooks (for hanging on the tree)
- Begin by cutting a piece of dry floral foam that will fit inside the small container.
- Glue with the glue gun
Using your wire cutters, cut the miniature rose buds off their stems leaving a 1/2cm piece.
Insert the rose bud stem into the floral foam and secure with the glue gun.
Continue to fill up all the floral foam until the wheelbarrow is completely full.
Attach the wire ornament hook and hang on the tree.
Alternatively, place the ornament in a small organza bag or clear cellophane bag and tie off with a ribbon for a hostess gift.
*Did you know?
Miniature lights are better for indoor tree due to the fact that they product less heat than the larger ones and they will not dry out the tree as much. Professional decorators agree that a general rule of thumb is 50-75 lights per 12 inches of tree.