St. Patrick's Day Candy Dipped Pretzel Rods….by Lita Lane
Published February 26, 2014
These quick and easy treats are delicious and will have all your little leprechauns coming back for more.
Wilton’s Dark Green Candy Melts [12 oz/340 g]
Wilton’s White Candy Melts [12 oz/340 g]
Clear Lollipop Bags
1. Place the pretzel rods on a cookie tray and put in the freezer for about five minutes.
2. While the pretzel rods are in the freezer, melt the dark green candy melts in a microwave safe bowl for one minute, stir, then microwave for another 30 seconds until melted.
3. Pour the melted candy into a container that is tall and narrow to ensure that at least 2/3 of the pretzel will get coated.
4. Remove the pretzel rods from the freezer; dip each in the melted candy, tapping the excess off.
5. While the dark green candy is setting, use the same method to prepare the white candy melts.
6. After the dark green icing has set, pour the white into a squeeze bottle. Use a sweeping motion to drizzle it onto the green part of the pretzel rods.
7. Allow the candy to harden, place the candy-coated pretzel in a clear cellophane lollipop bag and tie it with a seasonal piece of ribbon or candy bag topper.