Quinoa Chickpea Salad : From Whitewater Cooks
Published July 13, 2013
I’ve had this salad a few times and it is truly delicious! Perfect as an accompaniment to grilled salmon or chicken or on it’s own as a dinner or lunch entrée .
Quinoa, Chickpea and Roasted Yam Salad
Source: Whitewater Cooks by Shelley Adams
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1-1/2 cup yams, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp pepper, cracked
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 (14 oz) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 cup spinach, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Toss yams in olive oil, salt and pepper and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Place quinoa and 1 cup cold water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce to low heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Tun heat off, remove lid and let cool.
- Place chickpeas, grated carrots, red pepper, sunflower seeds, spinach, parsley, feta, and cooled quinoa and yams in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients and pour over salad ingredients. Toss gently until well mixed.